We Buy Houses In Bethel Park, Pennsylvania. Selling your property is something you’ll have to do maybe just a few times in your life. And unless you know a local Bethel Park PA real estate agent who will sell your home for free or a hugely discounted commission, it can be a real pain in the rear and an expensive process for you as well.
So, you landed on this recent blog post about “How to sell your house by yourself in Bethel Park PA” because of a few reasons I’m guessing…
- You have no or very little equity in your home so you can’t afford to pay real estate agents commissions.
- You have equity but want to try to save money selling the property yourself before you resort to hiring an agent.
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and just need to sell fast without incurring thousands in agent .commissions.
- You can’t wait for the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a property in the Bethel Park PA area in this market so you want to try to sell it more quickly.
Whatever one you land in, there are ways to sell your home yourself and the potential to get cash for houses in Bethel Park quickly here in the PA real estate market. Since 2013, the housing sector has been experiencing a major recovery. Selling your real estate at this time will definitely be profitable if you do it right. In most cases, it is about using smart marketing strategies and being realistic about your expectations of what you want to achieve with this sale. This article will provide some guidelines to help you sell your Bethel Park PA area home yourself.
How To Sell Your House By Yourself In Bethel Park PA – Let’s Dive In
Know The Bethel Park Real Estate Market Well
The first and most important step is doing market research on your neighborhood in the Bethel Park PA area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal estimator, etc), calling a real estate agent or two to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Proper homework on these issues will allow you to come up with the right price for your real estate and also helps you to avoid making certain selling mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself, give us a call at (412) 688-6311 and we’ll give you an honest fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer to give you options when selling your home quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you want to).
Asses The Bethel Park, Pennsylvania Market
This step is almost similar to conducting market research, only that in this case, you are bound to your neighborhood and similar homes. Are there lots of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in Bethel Park PA? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Are there lots of foreclosures in your neighborhood? That may drag your property price down.
Asses The Bethel Park PA House
As a seller, your home should be in top condition or shape in order to sell at a good price. Identify certain unique characteristics about it and emphasize them during marketing. For example, in Bethel Park PA, a property with a driveway parking may be more attractive to homebuyers in Pennsylvania compared with one with a garage parking.
Also, does your house require repairs? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? How is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is the property outdated at all? (you know, those popcorn ceilings ;-). All of these things can make the home more attractive or less attractive depending on the buyer, which changes the price they’re willing to pay. After all of this, come up with an asking price for your Bethel Park PA home that is fair, isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months to sell the real estate, but is attractive so you get a frenzy of buyers who are ready to purchase it quickly.
Use Photos Or Videos In Pennsylvania
Bethel Park PA buyers are obsessed with media. Taking walk-through videos of the house and using the videos to advertise will enable you to reach a wider market. In fact, these videos are considered more transparent than taking photos. However, this should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable compared to the video.
So take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the house that helps show it off. Take a picture of the property from the outside from a few different angles, people want to see the home before they ever show up to see it. So having great pictures of your real estate online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly and waiting months and months to sell.
Get Your PA House “Listed” On The Local MLS And Market It
You can find no or low fee real estate brokers these days who will charge you a few hundred bucks to put your home on the local Bethel Park PA MLS. This gets your property in front of all of the real estate agents quickly (so be prepared to pay those “buyers” agents a 2-3% buyer’s broker fee if you plan to have their support in helping you find a buyer.
Place ads in the local newspaper, signs on the roads, and hold an open house.
All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your Bethel Park PA House Fast Yourself?
It can be. And in the end, many Bethel Park PA home sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the property themselves when in the end it costs them more money to go that route. When you sell your own home here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your house right, selling it yourself may not be your best bet.
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the home and the marketing materials, and working with buyers to really build the value of your property in their minds, you may actually sell the real estate for 3-8% less than you may get for the same house an experienced person marketed the property for you.
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs, every month that your home doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo, and $1,300 of that is the interest, if it takes you 7 months to sell your property, that cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that real estate more quickly, would it make sense for you to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to think about.
Sell My House In Bethel Park PA
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your house in Pittsburgh yourself and would rather just sell it quickly for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees, here at Dustin Buys Houses we actually purchase local Bethel Park PA homes. We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your property. We can close quickly (in as little as 7 days if you wanted to), which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the real estate yourself and waiting for months.
As professional Pennsylvania home buyers, we do all repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that. If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at (412) 688-6311 or just fill out the quick simple form on this website.